Sports Podiatry focuses on treating foot & lower limb conditions and injuries that are the result of sports and exercise.
Sports Podiatry isn’t just about short-term injury treatment, the aim of a sports podiatrist is to accurately diagnose, prevent and treat injuries and discomfort you may be experiencing in your feet and lower limbs as a result of sports and exercise.
Sports Podiatry Services in Melbourne
At Watsonia Podiatry, our team has a great interest in sports podiatry, and we know that you need to be supported and coached about the appropriate healthcare strategies you can apply to ensure you stay fit and healthy, and injury free.
Melbourne loves sport, and so does the team at Watsonia Podiatry, that’s why we understand that the health of your feet and lower limbs are vital for you both on the field and off it.
We take a holistic approach to the health of our patients, an as a result, we work closely with Watsonia Physiotherapy, and other healthcare provider to ensure all aspects of your health are maintained.
Located in Melbourne’s North Eastern Suburbs, Watsonia Podiatry is here to help get you back on the field quicker. We do this by accurately diagnosing your sports injury/condition, and developing a treatment pan that will not only ensure recovery but aid in the prevention of an injury occurring again and understanding why it occurred in the first place.
What injuries and/or conditions does a sports podiatrist treat?
Usually pain and discomfort of the feet and lower limbs is as a result of one of two injury type – Acute and Chronic.
- Acute Sports Injury – an acute injury is one that occurs suddenly when you’re playing sports or exercising. It can be from landing awkwardly, a direct impact, a fall, or another type of trauma. An example of a common acute sports injury is a sprained or rolled ankle.
- Chronic Sports Injury – a chronic injury is one that usually happens over a long period of time and is due to the overuse of joints or muscle/muscle group. Usually these occur in people who play sports where the motion is repetitive, endurance sports like swimming and running can often see injuries of this nature. These injuries can also happen because of a poor technique when playing a sport. While they may not be as obvious as an acute injury, it is important to treat a chronic injury as it can result in something more serious. A common chronic sports injury is Achilles Tendinosis.
Common injuries a sports podiatrist treats:
There are many different injuries and conditions that a sports podiatrist can help treat, both common and not. Some of the more common conditions that arise from sports include:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin Splints
- Knee Pain
- Hip Pain
- Running Injuries
- Achilles Tendinosis
- Ankle Sprains
- General Foot Injuries
There are only some of the sports injuries and conditions we can help you with at Watsonia Podiatry. If you are experiencing any form of pain or discomfort in your feet or lower limbs during or after sports or exercise, call us on 03 9432 2689 or book online for an appointment.
Foot and lower leg sports injury treatment
Some of the treatments for your sports and exercise related injuries we administer at Watsonia Podiatry include:
- Custom Orthotics
- Dry Needling
- Foot Mobilisation and Manipulation
- Moon Boots / CAM (controlled ankle movement) Walkers
- Shockwave Therapy
- Footwear Advice
- Strengthening and Stretching Programs
Why see the team at Watsonia Podiatry?
Watsonia Podiatry is your first choice for foot and lower limb sports related injuries and conditions in Melbourne. Our qualified team uses professional, state of the art treatments and techniques to ensure the health of your feet. Each of our clients receives individualised care and treatment for their concerns and we aim to provide a long-term solution to your pain and discomfort.
Whether you have suffered a recent injury or have discomfort from a long term, chronic condition, we can help diagnose, treat, and prevent future issues. If we believe that we are not the right people to treat you, we will work with you and other allied health professionals to ensure that you receive the best and most importantly, right care.
While we are here for all of your sports podiatry needs in Melbourne, we can help you with many other podiatry needs as well. If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort in your feet or lower limbs, which may be as a result of everyday life, come see the team at Watsonia Podiatry.
We’ll help make sure your feet can be the best they can be!