Mel is an enthusiastic and well-rounded podiatrist who likes to spend her time outside of work camping, baking and drinking copious amounts of coffee. She enjoys all aspects of podiatry however has an interest in Paediatrics, Musculoskeletal Conditions, Biomechanics, Diabetes and Balance and Falls Prevention. She also has a particular interest in the treatment and management of sporting related injuries.
Whilst playing a high level of basketball for 15 years, including representing Victoria in a National competition, Mel sustained several foot and lower limb injuries. These include many ankle sprains, ligament tears and broken metatarsals and even a full knee reconstruction after completely rupturing her ACL. This means she understands the rehabilitation process required to get you back to your full potential and is just as motivated to get you back to sport as you are!
Mel has completed a Bachelor of Applied Science with a Masters in Podiatric Practice at Latrobe University. She has also completed a Bachelor in Health Science with a Major in Rehabilitation at Latrobe University.
- Guilty pleasure: Anything sweet, I have a massive sweet tooth!
- Favourite movie: Shutter Island
- 3 people you would love to have dinner with: Nigella Lawson, Jameela Jamil and Mary Berry
- I love podiatry because: Each day and each patient is different, which means I’m constantly learning, not only about podiatry but about my patients.
- Favourite Book: The Nowhere Child
- Favourite Place: Florence, Italy
- Why do you love Watsonia podiatry: I get to work alongside an amazing team, and I get to work with wonderful patients every day.
- Favourite quote: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind”.- Dr Suess
- Surprised to know: I can speak double dutch
- Favourite food: Bahn Mi (Vietnamese pork rolls)
- What “superpower” would you choose? Teleportation
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? Brunching, lunching, dinnering, baking, camping and coffee-ing