Kelsey completed a Bachelor of Health Science and a Masters of Podiatric Practice at LaTrobe University in 2017. Prior to this, she also completed a Bachelor of Applied Science – Human Movement degree at RMIT in 2012.
Kelsey’s interest in podiatry stems from an extensive sporting background, particularly in athletics where she competed at both national and international level. She is a lover of sport and has also competed in swimming, netball, basketball, soccer and cricket over the years.
She has a keen interest in sports injuries and biomechanical cases and understands the importance of proper injury prevention and rehabilitation as a result of her many sporting injuries.
Kelsey also has a strong interest in nail surgery, diabetes assessments and children’s podiatry and is qualified to perform dry needling and shockwave therapy.
Kelsey has had extensive experience working in retail with both sports and orthopaedic footwear. In her spare time, Kelsey loves keeping fit and active, traveling the world, catching up with her friends and family and spending time with her dog Belle.
- Guilty pleasure: Reality TV
- Favourite movie: Unbroken
- 3 people you would love to have dinner with: Dawn French, Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela
- I love podiatry because: You have the opportunity to help people, you are challenged with something different everyday and you get to meet some amazing patients!
- Favourite Book: The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- Favourite Place: It’s too hard for me to just pick one! England is always a favourite though as my Dad is from England.
- Why do you love Watsonia podiatry: Warm and welcoming atmosphere, amazing patients and staff.
- Favourite quote: “Don’t count the days, make the days count” – Muhammed Ali
- Surprised to know: I competed in athletics at a national level from the ages of 10-21, I medalled in long jump almost every year and won the national title twice.
- Favourite food: Dad’s chicken and vegetable soup or Mum’s minestrone!
- What “superpower” would you choose? Be able to travel through time
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? Travelling the world and going on adventures, keeping fit, spending time with friends and family, brunching