Josh is a passionate podiatrist with a keen interest in sports podiatry, musculoskeletal conditions, biomechanics, orthotics and diabetes. He is an avid sports fan with AFL, NBA and the NFL capturing most of his interest, however there are not many sports he doesn’t follow. Josh also enjoys a range of outdoor activities such as camping and surfing, spending much of his spare time down at Phillip Island and exploring the Victorian High Country.
Josh has played many years of A grade footy and cricket, and unfortunately experienced a range of injuries himself, including multiple ankle sprains and soft tissue injuries. This sparked his interest in helping others recover from injuries and pain. Josh’s interest in human movement has led him to have an in-depth knowledge of biomechanics and the use of orthotics to treat lower limb conditions.
Josh has completed a Bachelor of Applied Science with a Masters in Podiatric Practice at Latrobe University.
- Guilty pleasure: Fizzy drinks
- Favourite movie: Hot Rod
- 3 people you would love to have dinner with: Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Elon Musk and Kobe Bryant (Steve Irwin comes in as a close 4th).
- I love podiatry because: I love meeting and talking to different people every day, and helping them in any way I can.
- Favourite Book: Astrophysics for people in a hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
- Favourite Place: Siargao Island in the Philippines.
- Why do you love Watsonia podiatry: I love working in a friendly environment with great people, and being given the opportunity to help people every day.
- Favourite quote: “Always be the hardest worker in the room” – Dwayne Johnson
- Surprised to know: I once spent a month riding a motorbike across Vietnam.
- Favourite food: Freddo ice cream cake, I have very childish taste buds.
- What “superpower” would you choose? I would love to be able to fly!
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? Surfing, camping, 4wding, travelling and anything else that involves the outdoors.